Thursday, September 1, 2011

Badlands National Park

It may not seem too exciting because it's kind of close, but I'd like to shoot the badlands. I think they're beautiful and there wouldn't be as many people there as in the other locales. Solitude is something I find appealing about nature photography.

I'd like to make the trip in the late winter/early spring when the dried flowers and grasses are starting to be revealed from beneath the snow. I think that's an appropriate companion to the badland rock formations.

Also at that time of year, you still have the threat of a heavy snow storm to paint the geology and create opportunities. I'd like to get a shot of an antelope in the snow. I like their colors. I'd also like to see snow caps on the formations in the extending land.

But the best stuff would almost certainly be what I don't anticipate. It's a vast area for me to wander and find stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment