Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tree Stump

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, Nikkor 16mm ƒ/2.8, Slik Pro 614 CF tripod, Really Right Stuff BH-30 ballhead

I didn't want to log on to Outdoor Photographer and grab the first image I saw for my blog post. But that's what happened. I was really struck by this one.

The first thing I saw were the colors of that stump. The reds and oranges are so sharp and they flow to the presenting hand of the broken branch. If you were out there, you may not see this stump. But it dominates this photo. I like that it is the focus and its framing effect is minimal.

I love images of dark clouds, especially over a dry landscape. These mountains look dry and are being renewed. It also really benefits the image to not be able to see the distant mountains through the rain. It seems like an irresistible, looming force.

No comments:

Post a Comment